Monday, February 16, 2015

The Bible Boldness Experiment, Day One


At Winterjam on Saturday, we were encouraged to be bold in our faith. We were encouraged to express that we are not ashamed of who and whose we are. It made me wonder how many people that I come in contact with every day know that I'm a Christian. And so I prayed, asking God to show me how I could be bold and show others exactly what I stand for. And He planted a seed of a thought that was so wonderfully radical that I knew my brain had help coming up with it.
To strip my face of makeup and instead write a Bible verse on my skin.
So, starting today, that is exactly what I'm doing. Every day this week, I am writing a different Bible verse on my face. Today's verse is the first part of Romans 1:16, which says, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ."
When I told my parents about this plan of mine, my dad had some trepidation. He expressed concern that I would be labeled badly, or that people may not react well. My response was, "It's not about getting a positive reaction. It's about getting a reaction period. It's about being outspoken for something that defines who I am, and prompting people to ask questions."
Coming to school this morning was, I must admit, very exciting! I came in the building and walked down the hall, and Mr.Thigpen was standing there. I walked right up to him, took off my hat, and stood there. He had been talking to Raina, who attends the Bible study that I lead on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They both seemed momentarily surprised, and then Raina realized what I'd done and began to express what a good idea she thought it was, and said that she should also do what I had done.
Later in the day, I met another teacher in the hall, who asked whom had written on my face. I smiled and told him that I had done it, and pulled my bangs back so that he could see the reference written on my forehead.
"Romans 1:16," I said. "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ."
"Oh," he said. "Okay." He paused, looking at me. "Well," he continued, "I liked it better without the words." I simply smiled brightly and went on to my next class.
I had one friend, Sammy, want to take a selfie with me, which I was all too happy to do. Every look I've gotten today, I gladly responded to by explaining that I am being bold in my faith.
I am proud to be a daughter of the King, because that makes me a Princess!
More to come on The Bible Boldness Experiment!
Always, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment