Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Bible Boldness Experiment, Day 3


Today is Day Three of The Bible Boldness Experiment! I cannot believe how quickly the week is passing!
Today's verse is (a portion of) James 1:3, which says, "For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow."
Bible verses are, let's face it, a dime a dozen! With 66 books, they aren't exactly in short supply! Due to that, I don't know them all. That's a good thing, though! It means that I have plenty of amazing verses to discover.
As most of you know, I had a house fire in October. One of the things I lost in that fire was my SPARK study Bible, which had been the first "real" Bible i owned, aside from the KJV Version I received at my baptism. It was the first Bible I marked up with pencils and highlighters and notes, and I have to admit, I was a little bit devastated to lose it.
My Confirmation was the weekend after the fire, and I had hoped my church would give Bibles as gifts to the confirmands. (They gave us Luther's Small Catechism and the Lutheran Book of Prayer instead, which I LOVE). However, outside in the narthex after the service, Katie Bast approached me and, after hugging and congratulating me, handed me a Bible. A beautiful pink and brown New Living Translation with my name engraved on it.
It was from The Jesus Bubble, and they had all gone through and underlined their favorite verses in it. I, having desperately missed my marked-up Bible, was eternally grateful to receive one already marked up! (And, of course, ready for me to mark it up even more!)
When I was choosing verses for this week, I was thumbing through my Bible and stumbled across this jewel, which Aidan had underlined before the Bible became mine.
I love this verse, because it exemplifies a lot of the good things about being a daughter/son of the King. My faith always seems to come out of the tragic bits a bit stronger. Endurance, like patience, is a virtue.
Always, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment