Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Bible Boldness Experiment, Day 2

Today, as the vast majority of you are aware, was a snow day for the Caldwell County Schools. So going into the day, I thought I wouldn't really have anyone to minister to as far as my Bible Boldness Experiment. 
The verse I hap chosen for today was Proverbs 31:25, "She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." One of my favorite verses from one of my favorite books!
I found myself a little dissapointed that this particular verse wouldn't make an appearance to many people today. 
And then, my dad asked me if I would like to ride with him into town. Looking down at my typical teenage snow-day attire (AKA sweats and the same shirt I slept in last night) and considered how my hair looked (AKA like I hadn't touched it, because I hadn't), I made a face. 
"Would I have to get out of the car?" I asked. He shrugged. 
"That's up to you." 
I thought about it. My first reaction was to simply put on shoes and ride with him, not intending to stay in the car. But then, as my parents began to discuss what we could pick up for dinner, I listened from my room and realized that all the options they were putting out there were places with a buffet, places with no drive-thru. Places where I would need or want to get out of the car. As I considered this, I glanced at my vanity table and saw the piece of notebook paper on which I had written my carefully chosen verses for the week, along with my eyeliner. 
Of course, this hadn't even occured to me in my snow-day haste to stay out of people's sight. Going out with my dad to get a movie and dinner provided a wealth of people to minister to. 
My mom agreed to write on my face and I changed clothes so that I could go with my dad. 
Sitting at the bar at Ruby Tuesday's, waiting for take-out to be ready, a lady came and sat down adjacent to us. After a few minutes, I noticed her squinting at me, having put on her glasses. When she caught me looking, she smiled. 
"I was trying to read your face," she explained. I smiled at her and jumped down from my seat to go over to her, where she could read the writing. I moved my bangs and said the verse aloud. She smiled and looked at me appreciatively. 
"That's great," she said. I told her that I'm writing a different verse on my face each day, and that I got some mixed reviews at school yesterday. She asked where I go to school, and I told her that I go to the Middle College. The shocker was that she actually knew what that was, as she had substitute taught there. 
We talked for a while, and when I went to leave, she smiled and told me good luck. 
I went home grateful for the opportunity to have ministered to someone I didn't even know! 
Today, in The Bible Boldness Experiment, I learned that opportunities come in unexpected ways! 
Always, Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment