Saturday, November 29, 2014

Music

Today, I would like to address one of my favorite topics: music!
I love music, which is something not everyone knows about me. I have been writing song lyrics since I was six years old, and I have always loved to sing, as you can see in this photo from Thanksgiving 2001, of my little self singing Amazing Grace. Now, I still love to sing, although I do not perform in front of people quite as willingly as barely-three-year-old Cassie did. I also still write song lyrics, even though it is a few-and-far-between sort of habit. I love the way music has the power to make people think things and feel things that they previously hadn't been feeling. However, I know that is the kind of power that is easily abused. For example, I know that certain songs can make people completely miserable by the combination of their melody and lyrics. It is for that reason that, as I embark on my new adventure, I will be very cautious about song choice.
But Cassie, what new adventure?
The new adventure of my YouTube channel, of course! I have decided that, as a new hobby (because I definitely have time for a new hobby, right?) I'm going to be doing videos of myself covering songs for my YouTube channel. So far, I have recorded and posted Blank Space by Taylor Swift. I really love that song, as a side note. But my Taylor Swift rant can be saved for another day and another blog post.
I have plans to do a Christmas song next, although I haven't yet decided which one, as there are so very many to choose from. After that, I have plans to do "Ledge of Love" by Jon Huertas and "How To Be A Heartbreaker" by Marina and The Diamonds. (a song I never would've heard of if not for my best friend, Tayler.)
After that? I'm not sure. But I do know that I love music, I love singing, and if I love those things, why should I not share it with the world? I can't think of any opposing reason.  If you're interested, the link to my YouTube channel is attached.
Always, Cassie
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQLfLsfyirTwCh6ZDMv26zA

No comments:

Post a Comment